It is advisable that students apply for the study visa well in advance through the Department of Home Affairs/SA High Commission/SA Embassy.
Refunds will not be granted if this is not arranged well in advance.
For student visa requirements, refer to the following website:
Foreign students will need to do the following:
- Students are to pay an application fee in order to receive a provisional acceptance letter which can be used as support in the Study Visa application. Note that proof of the application fee paid should be sent to us via email.
- Note that the provisional acceptance letter will be issued only as a supporting document and does not confirm visa applications as approved the legal process must be followed.
- Once the official Study Visa is obtained, the following documentation is required:
- Valid Passport Copy
- Medical Certificate and proof of Medical Insurance Cover
- The relevant course fee is to be paid in full prior to commencement of the course, unless other arrangements have been discussed and agreed upon to.
- The student needs to become a member of a South African medical aid. This can only be done once you are in South Africa and have a South African bank account, until such time, you will need to take out travel insurance to cover any potential medical cost.
- A provisional acceptance letter will be issued to the student during the course of registration and the letter can be used in support of the student visa application.
The Terms Fee option is not available to foreign students i.e. only the ‘Cash Fee’ paid as a once off, up-front payment in full, will be accepted. We are obliged to inform the High Commission / Embassy if foreign students drop out or fail to qualify for re-enrolment.